Today is World Menopause Day and I was pleased to speak with a member of Acas who shared some new guidance to help employers and managers to support their staff in the workplace.
Acas has published new guidance to help employers and managers support staff who are affected by menopause symptoms at work. You can find links to their website here.
Around two million women have difficulties at work due to their menopause symptoms and it's estimated that one in 20 could go through an early menopause.
ACAS new advice includes tips for workers on how to raise the issue and good practice guidance for employers to help offer support and better manage menopause at work.
Acas Senior Adviser, Michele Piertney, talks about 'Breaking the silence on the menopause' in her new blog.
Acas training: Acas have also launched a new training course for managers and employers to help them understand the issues and create supportive workplaces:
- Menopause symptoms - awareness and misconceptions
- Talent retention and employee engagement
- Developing support networks and organisational awareness
- Legal considerations concerning discrimination, making changes and sickness absence
- Action planning including developing a menopause policy.
How can The Hormone Fairy help you?
Are you struggling with your Hormones, you don’t have to be a hostage to them. This is the prime of your life and it’s time to step into your power, feel happier, sexy and back to your old self.
Let me, Cat The Hormone Fairy wave my magic wand! If you’re ready for something different, ready to take the first step on a journey to a healthier and happier you, then I’m excited to help you make those changes.
- Book a Breakthrough session to find out how you can work with me. Whether that’s 121 Hormone Coaching, Hormone Testing, a Group 30 Day program or a Menopause Mastermind. Click the link below to book a 15-minute chat or drop me a message via the contact page. https://thehormonefairy.gettimely.com/book
- JOINour Private Facebook Hub where you can ask me questions, learn more of my top tips, feel supported, join challenges and make new friends. Click here to enter https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheHormoneFairy/
- Attend an Event Come along to our Monthly Menopause Meet-ups locally, Menopause & Mochas during the day or Mocktails & Menopause in the evening – A chance to chat, learn, share experiences, feel supported, make friends and have fun. There’s also 1 Day Workshops & Retreats, and weekend Retreats to help you get back on track. Keep an eye out on our Website, Facebook Page, Instagram for our latest events.
- Are you an Employer? Book a Menopause meet-up in your workplace or arrange for one of the team to come and share advice and tips on how to manage the menopause naturally with your employees.