- About Me
- Book Now
- Menopause VIP Club Membership
- About Me
- Book Now
- Menopause VIP Club Membership
It’s Blue Monday, the name given to the so-called most depressing day of the year, which in 2020 falls today Monday 18th January, here's some natural solutions to get your through on top of the peri menopause sadness!
The 3rd Monday of the year was found to be the most depressing day of the year by Dr Cliff Arnall, who identified that the cold weather, dark mornings, debt, time elapsed since Christmas, low motivation and unsuccessful New Year’s resolutions all caused this date to be the most depressing. However, some believe 'Blue Monday' to be a myth as Arnall was paid to do the research by a travel company
Hormonal imbalances, Peri Menopause or post menopause often leads to low moods, anxiety or depression. In 2021 add in Blue Monday and January Covid19 Lockdowns, more loneliness, more financial worries, home schooling, working from home, stuck in the house with a partner, no fun . . .The list goes on. This last week I've had more clients who will burst into floods of tears for absolutely no reason, I’ve been there too myself in the past – My partner asking, “What’s wrong?” and my reply “I don’t know I just want to cry”.
Here’s some natural tips to help get you through this Blue Monday!
Nutrition & Supplements
Scientists have studied the association with food and the brain and identified 9 nutrients that could help your moods. Foods rich in Calcium, Chromium, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Omega 3, B6, B12, Vitamin D and Zinc can all help.
Click here to read more on where to find these nutrients and how they help your Hormone Balance
For 4 years I’ve been studying the gut and microbiome, the gut is seen as the 2nd Brain and I recommend all my clients go through my natural or herbal detox before starting a supplement program, as many times the inflammation in the gut causes the symptoms and nutrients from food or supplements aren’t absorbed in the body.
There are so many homeopathic remedies that I prescribe to clients for sadness, hormonal imbalance, anxiety or depression. Homeopathic prescriptions are very individual as it takes into account your physical and emotional wellbeing and considers you as a whole person. So, I always recommend seeing a qualified homeopath.
- Cimicifuga, Sepia and Pulsatilla are great for females suffering with low moods and sadness.
- For anxiety remedies include lycopodium, pulsatilla and aconite, arsenicum album and gelsemium too.
- For those with anxiety due to uncertainty including claustrophobia or hypochondria Argentum nitricum.
- Ignatia is fabulous for feelings of sadness or anxiety caused by grief or loss
Click here to find Homeopathic remedies to help Menopause symptoms. Homeopathy for Menopause
Here’s my favourite herbal tinctures, please speak to someone qualified in herbs or discuss with your Doctor especially if you are on Anti-depressants, Prozac or Blood thinners as some herbal remedies have a negative effect when combined with medication.
- Bach Flower Rescue Remedy is useful for sufferers of depression or anxiety. You can buy it in drops, dilute 3 drops in water, or you can now buy sprays and chewing gum (they also have gummy bears for children)
- St Johns Wort is a herbal extract used to treat depression, check with your doctor if you are on medication.
- HTP or 5HTP stimulates the body’s neurotransmitters naturally, having a positive effect on serotonin and dopamine. It can be taken as an alternative to anti-depressants, however again it’s not suitable for everyone, and those on Prozac or with a health condition should speak to their Doctor.
- Echinacea, now this is commonly used for coughs, colds and flu during the winter but it can help with general feelings of being a little sluggish or depressed.
- Gingko Biloba has been found to help relieve depression, it’s also great for brain fog, memory and blood circulation.
- Sleep – Adequate sleep is vital to help prevent a low mood and anxiety, when you’re tired you struggle with clarity. Try to get 7-8 hours, difficult for some women in the peri menopause, book a consultation if this is a problem for you.
- Debt – Debt is often a cause of anxiety in January, some may have over spent at Christmas and it’s a long time til pay day. Have a look through your debts and see how you can consolidate them, speak to an advisor if it’s a real issue, spend some time going through your bills and direct debits and see where you can save money.
- Declutter – Have a spring clean, clearing out clutter in your home have a positive effect on your mind. Give things away to charity or maybe sell some items to help with the pennies.
- Plan Something – January is often a time where people stay home, plan some adventures for later in the year to keep you motivated.
- New Year’s Resolutions – 80% of people fail their resolutions by February! Find one thing to focus on for the rest of the month, find an accountability partner or a coach to keep you on track for the next few weeks. Make short simple goals.
- Invest in Yourself – Self-love and focusing on yourself is the best way to ensure happiness! Set time aside every day to look after yourself or do something you enjoy, whether that’s taking a bath, going for a massage, reading or watching TV with a cuppa.
- Head over to Instagram for daily tips and education Instagram The Hormone Fairy
How can The Hormone Fairy help you with anxiety, moods & depression?
Are you struggling with your moods swings and Hormones, you don’t have to be a hostage to them. This is the prime of your life and it’s time to step into your power, feel happier, sexy and back to your old self.
Let me, Cat The Hormone Fairy wave my magic wand! If you’re ready for something different, ready to take the first step on a journey to a healthier and happier you, then I’m excited to help you make those changes.
- Book a Breakthrough session to find out how you can work with me. Whether that’s 121 Hormone Coaching, Hormone Testing, a Group 30 Day program or a Menopause Mastermind. Click the link below to book a 15-minute chat or drop me a message via the contact page. https://thehormonefairy.gettimely.com/book
- JOINour Private Facebook Hub where you can ask me questions, learn more of my top tips, feel supported, join challenges and make new friends. Click here to enter https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheHormoneFairy/
- Attend an Event Come along to our Monthly Menopause Meet-ups locally, Menopause & Mochas during the day or Mocktails & Menopause in the evening – A chance to chat, learn, share experiences, feel supported, make friends and have fun. There’s also 1 Day Workshops & Retreats, and weekend Retreats to help you get back on track. Keep an eye out on our Website, Facebook Page, Instagram for our latest events.